- I started writing again yesterday. It wasn’t much and only one page, and most of it was rewriting an old prologue; but it’s a start. And as writers know, that’s what you have to do. You just have to sit down and start writing.
- My appointment with the foot doctor was yesterday afternoon. I hate the cortisone shot but it helps.
- Still working on my big trade show at work but I’m getting close to being done with the set-up. That’s always a big relief. And it ships next Thursday so time is everything.
- Porn loin for dinner, seared on our new stove top griddle.
- Read. I started a new book over the weekend that’s been on my list for a while.
Monday, Day 37
- Last week I printed out everything I’d written on a work-in-progress that I started years ago. I was going to read it over the weekend but didn’t, and have thought about starting over again for weeks now. This morning a new first sentence popped in my head right when I woke up so I wrote it down. That’s usually a good sign for me because I always like to start at the beginning.
- Dentist appointment today. Just a cleaning. Everything checked out fine.
- Sha’Dam! practice. We’re doing 2 open mics next week and have a big show on the 25th out of town.
- Leftover pizza for dinner.
Sunday, Day 36
- Shopped a bit. Some household items, new clothes, and a new sauce pan and stove top griddle for the kitchen.
- Started experimenting with water color paints. They are tougher than acrylic for me but I’m enjoying being creative again.
- Watched Lady GaGa’s Superbowl performance. Didn’t watch the game.
- Did laundry.
Wednesday, Day 32
- Payday! Paid bills.
- Wow! January is gone already. Turn the calendar. Now I have to start keeping up with the days numerically for my log book.
- The Helium Showcase is tonight. I hope the crowd is larger than it was last night.
- My pseudo-gout in my left foot is acting up again so walking has been difficult. Hopefully going back to the doctor soon for another cortisone shot.
- Spaghetti for dinner.
- Was still working on my set list 30 minutes before the show and even added a last minute joke that a friend told me.
Thursday, Day 33
- The show last night was awesome! Probably my best yet as far as crowd response goes. I even got an applause break. There were about 30 people in the crowd not counting any comics who were watching. And got paid for doing the show too!
- Still fighting my pseudo-gout. Got a doctor’s appointment for next Tuesday. Went to bed early because of so much pain.
- Skipped dinner.
Friday, Day 34
- Watched Arrival. Good movie. Kinda monotone. I’m still processing it.
- Salads for dinner.
Saturday, Day 35
- Bought groceries. The store was a nightmare thanks to the Superbowl.
- Watched Bridgett Everett’s comedy special.
- J’s first Blue Apron box arrived. We had Chicken Enchildas for lunch with tomatillo sauce.
- Watched Inferno. It was okay. It was my least favorite of the books, and the same goes for the movies.
Monday, Day 30
- Day 1 of staging my spring trade shows began at work.
- Sha’Dam! practice! We’re working on some new stuff. Had a nice 3 hour practice.
Tuesday, Day 31
- Worked on my set for Wednesday night’s Dirty Show Showcase.
- I’m first up on the Helium open mic tonight. Small crowd. Maybe 8 people. There were more comics there than audience members.
- Day 2 of working on trade shows. Very busy day getting organized and lots of emails.
- Leftovers for dinner.
Sunday, Day 29
- Finished laundry, including bed sheets.
- Had a horrible lunch at a bakery/cafe we “used” to like. Probably won’t be back anymore. Sigh. Eating out has become so expensive and loathsome.
- Bought 2 more bottles of wine today thanks to Facebook recommendations from some friends when I asked for suggestions for good sweet or semi-sweet red wines.
- Went to the pet store for cat food.
- Another stop at another grocery store for meds and pork roast.
- Went to two Walgreens and two Dollar Generals looking for Airborne. Why is this stuff getting to be so hard to find?
- Pork roast and veggies for dinner.
Saturday, day 28
- Went to the liquor store and bought wine.
- Bought a new clothes hamper.
- Bought some water color paints and a paint brush for an art project in mind.
- Quick drip to the grocery store for some staples for the week.
- Turkey burgers and veggies for dinner.
Wednesday, Day 25
- Another busy day of work. Playing catch up from being in meetings all day on Tuesday.
- Salads for dinner.
- Found out I’m on a Showcase next Wednesday at Helium Comedy Club.
- Did my taxes. Getting a federal and state refund this time!
- A Facebook memory reminded me that Ward had been gone a year now.
Thursday, Day 26
- Another busy day of work. Have to start getting ready for trade shows next week.
- Soup and grill cheese for dinner.
Friday, Day 27
- Worked on my set for next Wednesday’s show.
- Went out for Chinese for lunch.
- Found out which night I perform for the comedy competition next month. (the 23rd)
- Burger and onion rings for dinner from a new restaurant close by.
Monday, Day 23
- Published Part 4 of my essay.
- Sha’Dam! practice.
- Soup for dinner.
- Sha’Dam! did 3 songs at open mic night at Babylon.
Tuesday, Day 24
- Published Part 5 of my essay.
- Annual sales rep meetings all day at work. Even had to stay late.
- Went to Funny Bone to try to get on the open mic but didn’t make the list.
- Long busy day that really sucked.
- Cereal for dinner. And ice cream.
- Woke up earlier than I usually do on a Sunday. Just couldn’t sleep.
- Made breakfast.
- Finished laundry.
- Started reading Gene Wilder’s My Search for Love and Art.
- Made a pot of leek and lentil soup for dinner.
- Grocery shopping.
- Part 3 of the essay published.