I’ve been wanting to write a blog post lately, but couldn’t think of anything to write about. I’ve been busy doing and thinking about other things. So, here’s a run down of those things…
- I took a week’s vacation May 21st through May 25th and went to Tennessee to visit my family. It’s always a nice trip because my Mom doesn’t have internet or wifi and my cell service at her home is non-existent, so I’m forced to unplug.
- I read two books while I was there and listened to a complete audio book.
- One of those books was the Jim Hutton memoir, Mercury and Me, about his years spent as Freddie Mercury’s partner. I wanted to read it because of the upcoming movie, “Bohemian Rhapsody,” about Freddie’s life with Queen.
- When I got back I started reading Stephen King’s new book, The Outsider. I’m only 200 pages in but I’m really enjoying it. It’s nice to finally have books that hold my attention. I start and stop so many books because I lose interest.
- I want to read Tom Papa’s new book soon. David Sedaris has a new one that I want to get to this year as well.
- Also, while on vacation I hand wrote over 20 pages in my journal and finished it (80 pages) and started another! That was exciting! I haven’t filled a journal since junior high. I’m writing for myself, but it feels good to be doing that and seeing the writing add up.
- I’ve been enjoying the flowers in our garden. The irises didn’t bloom as much this year it seems so there will be lots to transplant in a few months. They don’t bloom as much when they are crowded. The lilies are just now starting to bloom.
- We bought two goldfish and some mosquito fish for our pond a few weeks ago. One of the goldfish died within a few days, but the other one seems to be fine though he hides a lot. The mosquito fish are doing well. This is our first year trying goldfish in the pond, it being so small. If he survives till Fall we’ll probably relocate him into our neighbors above-ground pond which is much bigger. They have about 30 goldfish.
- Watched “Murder on the Orient Express” this weekend. Hated it.
- Watched “I Kill Giants” this weekend. Liked it.
- Watched the series premiere of “Pose” last night. Loved it! (The picture at the top is from Madonna’s “Vogue” to pay homage to the series.) The music in it is wonderful. Can’t wait to see if it gets any Emmy nominations next year!
- I had a great showcase at the Funny Bone on May 16th. It was one of my best shows ever and you can see it on YouTube if you want. Click here. I was glad to finally get a decent video and used it to submit to this year’s comedy festival here in St. Louis.
- Besides the showcase in May, I did several open mics, got a guest spot at Funny Bone one night, did a private show, did comedy at a Bingo night, and got to host for Lenny Schmidt all in May!
- The Funny Bone competition starts tonight. So many people entered, including lots of out-of-towners, that the first round goes for 6 Mondays. I don’t go up until June 25th and there are 4 out-of-towners up that night.
And that’s what’s been going on here with me.
What’s new with you?