Friday, Day 55
- Quiet day at work. Still preparing to leave for the big trade show next week. Not much left to do at this point.
- Pizza for dinner.
- Found out Saturday’s show sold out!
Saturday, Day 56
- Went shopping for balloons and fun tee shirt for the show. Found a nice jacket on clearance at Kohl’s that completed the outfit.
- Had practice before we got on the road. Cape is about an hour and a half south. Show doesn’t start till 9:30pm.
- Arrived at the venue with enough time to enjoy a homemade pizza before the soundcheck.
- Sold out crowd. Our best show ever too! And got paid for it. Show was over at midnight and I was home in bed by 2am.
Sunday, Day 57
- With only a few hours of sleep, I’m groggy today but still experiencing a high from how well the show went.
- Grocery store.
- John made a chicken soup and a chicken pot pie. Both were delicious.
- We received a call back from a stray network about a rat terrier in foster care. He’s coming to visit us tomorrow. It seems quick but that’s the way these organizations work, and it’s important to us for Riley not to be alone. Fingers crossed they like each other.