Today’s trip to the grocery store, the first after reading Eat Nourish Glow by Amelia Freer.
- Tried out The Fresh Market, a new grocery/eatery that just opened here in St. Louis. A bit pricey on some items. Couldn’t do all of my shopping here. But lots of good, new, and organic stuff that I want to try so I’ll definitely return.
- Bought strawberries, blue berries, black berries, and opal apples for breakfasts and fresh desserts. Had a bowl of fruit tonight after dinner with chia seeds, lemon juice, and some whipped cream. It was wonderful! Chia seeds don’t really have any flavor but they are a good healthy fat.
- Bought avocados, a healthy fat that I like but usually only buy to make guacamole. Will try it on salads and eggs soon.
- Bought Amish organic butter for cooking!
- Bought organic milk (also Amish) and unsweetened almond milk.
- Bought cage free, hormone eggs.
- Fresh Market stocks my new favorite tea – Revolution Tea – bought Earl Grey with Lavender
- I love Fresh Market’s deli counter. Picked out two pecan crusted chicken breasts for dinner.
- Went to my regular grocery store for other things including organic salad mix and other veggies. Found coconut oil for cooking, also organic!
- Cooked my pecan chicken breasts with coconut oil.
- Made pasta from zucchini, squash, and carrots using my new Veggetti Spiraler that I picked up at BB&B yesterday! Using a tool like this to make vegetable pastas was another suggestion from Freer’s books. It’s a healthy alternative to boxed pastas which are loaded with sugar and starch.
- Topped my veggie pasta with a Basil Pesto. Was going to make my own but found a nice one in a jar at Fresh Market.
- Dinner was awesome!
- Need to work on my breakfast meals now…incorporating a protein and green vegetable.